Saturday, March 10, 2012

Prayers Please

If you are reading this, I am assuming we are either a)family or b)friends. I am not cool enough to have random people read  my blog. and I mean, why would anyone who doesn't know me want to. I dont talk about anything exciting:) 

Since that is the case, I know I can be open on here and ask for prayers.

My Grandma Wilhoite is not doing very well. She went to the doctor on Monday to have some tests done, and they called her Wednesday to tell her they wanted to admit her to the hospital due to some concerning things on her blood work and urine tests. 
Grandma is not eating. that is the main problem. but many problems are stemming from this issue. Her kidneys are not functioning properly due to the lack of fluid in her body (creatinine was 5, BUN in 50's). If her kidneys aren't working well,  her potassium level gets high (this issues has since resolved). However yesterday they found her blood levels were low (Hemoglobin was 7). They gave her some blood, which I felt certain would perk her up. It didnt seem to do that. So now the question is, why is her blood level so low.
They have found some protein in her urine, which is also concerning.
Monday they will do a bone biopsy to test for multiple myeloma. They are also going to run some tests on her kidneys. 
If you know my Grandma at all, you know how stubborn she is. You can't make this woman do anything she doesn't want to do. It just won't happen. We cant' shove food down her throat. And no amount of coaxing or persuading is working on her. believe me, we are all trying.
So, if you could please say prayers for her. for our family. for Auntie Jo who is taking such good care of her. I know I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks for reading this and caring about me enough to pray. 

 

4 comments:

MommyMae said...

Praying for you and your family. xo Hang in there.

L.B. said...

The whole family is on my thoughts and on my mind. Much love and prays

Blissfully Burton said...

you've got it! :)

Kari said...

Praying for you, your family, and Grandma Wilhoite. I hope all is okay...