Thursday, March 29, 2012

plants, NOLA, grandma

9 days people! we leave for my dream vacation in 9 days!!! 
(more on this in another post)

For now, let me update you on our landscape situation. 
I left off that mom and dad were coming up on saturday to help me rectify Jackson's destruction. dad laid chicken wire under the mulch, mom and i put these long sticks around the plants to try to keep him out. 
Mom and I also planted purple tulips out front and around our mailbox! i love them. and we also hung new blinds on the door where Maya destroyed them. all while poor philip was sleeping the day away from working nights all weekend.

Monday I came home from work to find this 
the SECOND rose bush- torn apart. and one of the sticks.

::sigh:: 

Anyway- Monday night it was supposed to frost and I was scared for my new tulips! My wonderful husband helped me cover them up, with  his light weight sleeping bags and some trash bags:)
A few of the tulips were broken but Mom put them on my kitchen table so i could watch them bloom :)
LOVE the purple!
So enough about flowers and destructive animals.

My parents, Aunt Ellen, and their good friend Vic, leave bright and early tomorrow for NOLA!!!! They inherited tickets from a Duke fan who obvi doesn't need them now :) 
They went last year and had such a good time. I am so excited for them and can't wait to hear about their trip this year! 
Philip and I are getting together with our life group to watch the game and cheer on the CATS! (fingers crossed I don't get called into work though)

Update on Grandma: She has taken a small turn for the better. She seems to be getting stronger and more alert. Her only remaining and baby sister, Aunt Lou and her husband Gene are in from FL to visit. Philip and I are headed to gtown to have dinner with everyone tonight. I know Grandma loves getting to see her family she doesn't always get to. 

Hope everyone has big plans to watch the game Saturday night! don't forget to wear your BLUE:)


1 comment:

L.B. said...

Very fun events right now for you. Paris is wonderful and I am sure you are very excited. Enjoy! I look forward to seeing your photos