Thursday, September 22, 2011

Biking

Last week Philip decided he wanted to start biking. So we looked around at different kinds of bikes. We decided to get road bikes, and based on recommendations from our biker-friend Jordan, we went to Scheller's and 'tried on' several. We both went for the Trek brand. His the male version '1.1', mine the much cuter female version 'Lexa'. 
this handy little device calculates your speed, time, calories and distance
 His was in stock, mine had to be ordered. So he has gotten in several rides without me. 
Yesterday we went and picked up my bike and I got 'fitted' for it. However, the weather was not riding-friendly. So our first ride together was today. and what a perfect day for riding it was!
I wanted to go somewhere where cars would not be messing with me, while I was learning how to navigate and work my bike. We drove to the Legacy Trail to try it out. I had no idea how difficult it was going to be to get on and off the bike! Those cages that hold your feet are like death traps!!!
Case and point:
(yes, this was before we even got on the trail) However, once I got the hang of it, things got better. pleasurable actually. It was so nice and relaxing to be outside on such a beautiful day, with my husband, enjoying our new found hobby. 
I am looking forward to getting better and hopefully not bust my knees up again:)

Tonight we took dinner to JC & Crystal and got to see Emma. She is just so cute. We stayed and had dinner with them and got to visit for awhile. The family of 3 is doing well!! :) 
her favorite position to be held in. she's like a little frog:)
Hope everyone has a great weekend! I will be stuck at work the next 3 days so my weekend is nonexistent. Sorry I'm missing your birthday lunch Doug & Matt. save me a plate ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Morehead has great places to bike! Great excuse to come see us :)