Sunday, September 18, 2011

Busy Weekend

Whew~ what a fun and crazy weekend!!! 
Friday night we had an early dinner with our friends Perry & Nikki at Saul Good (yum). Then we were low key and rented the movie 'Just Go With It' which we thought was so cute (and yes, I managed to stay awake through the whole thing!). We also got self-serve yogurt at a new place in the shopping center by our house called Cherry Berry. just like orange leaf, but a little cheaper. we loved it.
Saturday Philip worked in Morehead and I had a bachelorette party for my friend Jessie in Louisville (WRONG place to be when the Cats are playing the Cards). It was a lot of fun! a little too much fun for this old woman:) I haven't seen 3am in a loonnng time:) We started out with a personal shower in the suites at the Galt House. Then we walked to a nice dinner at O'Sheas. When we were done a limo picked us up! The limo drove us to several bars on the Bourbon Trail where we got our 'passports' stamped. Then he dropped us off at Fourth Street Live where we spent the rest of the night going from bar to bar there. Jessie got her bachelorette dream of ending the night at a hot dog stand:) 

This afternoon I had a belated birthday lunch with my mother-in-law Joy. We went to Josie's for brunch. And as she always does, she spoiled me rotten. Her gifts are always thoughtful and perfect. She got us this awesome book/box filled with all kinds of things we need for our Europe trip in the spring.
excited to fill this up with souvenirs from our trip!
outlet converters for each country, language cards in Italian, French and German, travel containers, luggage tag, ear plugs:), and other goodies!
 In MI, a discussion came up about Philip 'cuddling' with me.  I brought to light that Philip does not love to cuddle. :) so Joy got me this awesome body pillow for me to snuggle with:)
 
Tonight we got to have dinner with our Life Group at a new restaurant downtown called the Local Taco. It was pretty good. the company was better:) We are all getting so excited for Megan&Brian to have Baby Harper:) it's getting so close!!!!

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! I am so glad I am off tomorrow to catch up on sleep and things around the house!:)
 
and because she is just so darn cute and I love everything about her: a pic of Emma
going home from the hospital!
 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had no idea you were planning a Europe trip!!! How fun is that! I need to hear more about this :)

Becca said...

Sounds like a great weekend!!! I hope you like that pillow. Courtney, Danielle and I all got them for our birthdays and it's great. Marty doesn't let me use mine when he's home though :( Beautiful baby Emma, such a joyous time in many lives when there's a new baby! Hope she likes the car seat too, Mackenzie had the same one :)

Blissfully Burton said...

Your MIL is really sweet and thoughtful. :)

The body pillow will be even better to use when you're pregnant one day! HAHA