Friday, September 16, 2011

Baby Emma

Happy Birthday Emma!!!
Last night, Emma Kaylan Wilhoite entered the world. but not because she wanted to! She was so stubborn and did not want to come out of the comfort of Crystal's belly!

I was at work all day yesterday, so I called and texted like every hour. I am sure JC was about to kill me, but I was just so anxious and excited!

She went into the hospital at 1030 wednesday night. They started Pitocin at 300am. Things didn't really progress on their own, so she had some help in various ways. 
We sat with her, watched the monitor show contractions she barely felt (thank you epidural!), sat some more. THEN the contractions started getting bad. the epidural wasn't working as well, and she was hurting. that was our cue to go wait in the waiting room:) So we sat some more. waiting to hear from JC. 
FINALLY at 10:34 Baby Emma came out! weighing 8 lbs 2 oz. much bigger than we, and the dr, thought!!! 

I won't go into details of the birth- it's not my story to tell and some might not even want to hear it:) All I know is when I went in and saw little Emma I surprised myself with the emotion I felt.  And then to see JC absolutely giddy over his baby daughter, made me even more so. J is smitten. he doesn't stand a chance;)
(AND, he got Crystal a push present ALL.ON.HIS.OWN. I didn't even tell him he was supposed to!)
They are going to be such amazing parents.
I am so ecstatic for Crystal & J and their new family. She is so adorable and I am in love with her already! 
(sorry about the pics- I used my phone, and I was so tired at midnight! Ill have better ones after today!)




2 comments:

amanda said...

I did good-JC

L.B. said...

Very exciting for your family..super cute!