Monday, August 1, 2011

Rock Climbing

Philip used to rock climb a lot in med school. When we started dating he got me into it. This is us at our first climbing experience
April /09
look at me- such an amateur:) THIS time that we went, I had all the right climbing gear, instead of just borrowing Philip's.  Philip got me all kinds of good stuff to climb with for Christmas. So Saturday when we went I felt like such the little climber:) I had my hiking shoes, hiking pants that zipped into shorts, my own cute harness, my own climbing shoes, and my own cute pink and orange chalk bag:) AND his brother got me a camel back bag that had a whole bladder of water in it for me to drink on all day, and also hold my stuff!
so proud of myself
 We went with two friends Perry & Nikki. Philip and Perry used to climb together a lot but haven't much lately. We hiked out to some climbs that were 'suitable' for us girls and got to work. We had a lot of fun and were getting ready to climb the one in the picture above, when all hell broke loose in the skies. It started pouring and storming something awful! So we burrowed down under this little overhang and hung out for about an hour until the storm passed. well, mostly. it was still sprinkling for our hike back.

While were waiting, we all dreamed of Miguel's. the pizza place at the Gorge that we all obsess over. Philip gets a whole large pizza to go, so he can eat on it for days:)
It was such a relaxing day. The Gorge is the one place Philip can go and not think about anything else. Where he can put work, our future, responsibilities aside and just have a good time. That's the main reason I love going.

2 comments:

L.B. said...

okay fun and soemthing I would be too scared of doing. Looks like a great adventure.

Blissfully Burton said...

Looks so fun :)