Monday, August 22, 2011

New Wheels

Last winter Philip had to take to take me to work a few times because my little Saturn could not fare the ice and make it out of our road. It is such a good little car, but it just wasn't strong enough. So we decided before this next winter, I would be getting a new ride. which makes me a little sentimental. My saturn has been good to me and I have loved it for the past 5 years.

For those of you who know Philip, saying he is interested in cars is an understatement. He loves them. he loves looking at them, reading about them, driving them, researching them. it's one of his hobbies. So i let him get to work on finding a suitable car for me.

Over the past 9 months or so, he has been quizzing me every time we drive around. 'do you like that car?' ' what about that one?'. and we have gone back and forth about what kind of vehicle to get. did we want a car? an SUV? what would fit our family the best? finally we decided that yes, we would get an suv. one decision down! for the past several months he would look up cars every day online, then show them to me to see what I thought. While his thoughts were on safety, mileage, features, etc. Mine were more on the color, the feel and the price. :) needless to say, we have been going round and round about what kind of car would be best for us.

I am happy to say, a decision has been reached! last month we decided that a Volvo SUV was a car we were both very happy with. He was happy with the hundreds of safety features and ratings, and I was happy with everything about it really. So we went to the dealership and played around with several of them making sure that this was what we wanted. And last night-- he found the deal of the century! ok, maybe not. BUT, a really good deal. it has all the extra features he was wanting it to have, and it is navy with tan interior and minimal wood grain for me. too bad it's not for sale in KY.

I was able to switch my schedule around a day- and we are off tomorrow morning for a mini road trip to SC to trade in my car for our new one!:) I am excited to not only get to spend hours there and hours back with my hubby. But to be bringing our new car home with us:) and maybe have a fun little dinner somewhere different.
~ I will admit this morning when all of this was going down, i did think I was going to puke. I don't do well spending money OR making big decisions.but I am feeling much better about things thanks to my fab husband, friends and family :)
I'll let you know how it goes!

4 comments:

Kari said...

Woo Hoo! I love a new car!!! Sad to hear that your cute little blue Saturn has retired...every time I pass one I think of you!

Becca said...

Yay!!! It's always fun to have something new :) Post a pic or two when you get it!

L.B. said...

oooh new car smell. I love my Saturn as well (my second actually).

amanda said...

thanks ladies!:)