Saturday, August 27, 2011

coworkers

I love my co-workers. well, for the most part:) who I work with makes such a difference in whether or not I have a good, bad, stressful or fun day. Every day, I work with at least 17 other nurses, 6 techs and 5 residents in the department. obviously I have a favorite resident to work with;) but I enjoy working with so many of them. I love working with such a large number of nurses there and consider almost all of them my friends. I think that makes me a pretty lucky girl. Because our job is stressful and it is so easy to get overwhelmed, depressed and frustrated. But when you have people there to help you, make you laugh, and make your day happier-- it makes such a difference in your overall outlook on your job.
Here are a few pictures from working in the emergency department:
my good friend Kelly, in a 'busy vest' to keep confused patients occupied. she's special. I love her.

one of my favorite techs Greg, participating in a video we were creating for PR
my husband being pushed by Jim the paramedic in the pediatric side

Ken & I in the first trauma alert in the new emergency dept last year

I came back from lunch yesterday, to find my computer covered in this propaganda. thank you christy and greg.

I won the 'best supportive nurse' award. I can't go into details of that.
So the moral of my post: be 'that' coworker who makes those around you have a good day. Don't get caught up in the politics, stress and gossip that often corrupts a work place. Be the bright spot in their day :)

"when God gives someone wealth and possessions, and the ability to enjoy them, to accept their lot and be happy in their work—this is a gift of God." Ecclesiastes 5:19

No comments: