Monday, February 7, 2011

weekend ramblings

We had a pretty low key weekend. I worked on Friday and then was on call on Saturday. (and we all know how much I hate being on call). But i did get to have lunch with my friends Emily and Donielle at Stanley J's. yummy. and I got to make Philip dinner that night ( a new but easy and delicious recipe!). so, yay for not getting called in.
Philip is gone to SnowShoe WV right now. He went on a ski trip with 4 other residents that he works with.
So he left bright and early Sunday morning and will get back Wednesday night. It's just me and the 'kids' for a few days.
I spent the day in Georgetown yesterday. I promised Jackson i would take him to play with his GrandDad. and he loved it ( not sure who loved it more, dad or jax). Dad took him for a run on the farm. Dad rides the 4wheeler and Jax runs with him. He used to run behind, but now he runs way ahead of Dad. When they got back, jackson was covered in mud. I mean, one big mud ball. So dad carried him into the bath tub where mom and i showered him off and made him clean. and in turn turned the bath tub brown. ew.
best buddies
 Last night I went to The Donovan's for the SuperBowl. It was a lot of fun. Lots of yummy food. lots of laughs. I don't care much about the game. I just like the social aspect. and the food. and the commercials. but there weren't many funny commercials last night. I think the best part was the enthusiasm that Brian Burton had for the game. I have never seen the like. But it was very entertaining:) Meg we have videotape!
Today is a rainy day here in Lexington. Maya went to get her shots this morning so she is puny. Jax is still recovering from his day yesterday. I am in search of a new good book. any suggestions?

1 comment:

Blissfully Burton said...

Wish I could have made lunch Saturday! Stanley J's sounds good! :)
Good to see you for a bit last night! If Kim emails me the videos I will post them. HAHA