Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day

I'm never been the biggest fan of this day. I never loved it when I was single or dating. But then Philip gave me the best Valentine's ever on our first Valentines Day together. and he seems to always find a way to  make me feel extra special on this day, so I am becoming a small fan of it :)
Philip didn't get to bed until 3am the morning of the 14th (work). But I still woke up to these:
It makes me so happy to walk into the kitchen and see surprise flowers. I always used to say I didn't like flowers, that they were a waste of money. I retract that statement. I like them. a lot.
while he continued sleeping, I got Jax ready for this big day of getting neutered:( I dropped him off and had a small anxiety attack when they told me they were going to intubate him. But I called my Aunt Ellen, she calmed me down. I went to the gym then came home to make philip breakfast. I'm usually not this corny, but like i said, I seem to be buying into this day...
heart shaped pankcakes
We got to enjoy breakfast together and then spend some time together before he had to go into work. He seemed pretty tired. I am glad he has today off to catch up on his rest.
I went to go get Jackson around 3. Dr McCord (who we love and I can not say enough nice things about) said he did great. He has 4 stitches and was so happy to see me.
tired lil pup

a lil sad that they are now gone....
Jackson was so thoughtful. he wanted to thank the nice people at Gainesway Small Animal Clinic and show them some love on valentines day
heart shaped cookies
Emily and I made dinner last night and Donielle came over to share it with us. We made a yummy spaghetti bake from my Aunt Shirley's recipe. emily was mad I made her shred the chicken instead of dicing it. but I just like shredded over cubes. so she did it, but wasn't happy about it. it turned out delicious. Afterwards we hung out and watched 'Valentine's Day' and ate skinny cow ice cream. yummy.
I love these girls
 It was a wonderful day for me. and the best part is, tonight it continues! Philip is taking me to Jean Farris Winery for dinner. neither of us have eaten dinner there before and we are both so excited to try a new place. I am also getting a massage at 4, which is something I look forward more than I can explain:)

*yesterday was Rachel's first day to work since she got engaged, and she got to show off her new beautiful ring. what a fun valentines day for her.
* mom and dad called from puerto rico yesterday (they are on their cruise). they are having a great time. somehow she managed to get a card to us yesterday wishing us a happy day with a gift card to go out to dinner. she's amazing.
* philips mom spoiled us with books and maps on Waikiki. she also gave each of us our own funny card with our own gift cards. me- yankee candle. philip- home depot. we can't wait to spend them.
Hope you all had a wonderfully happy day yesterday!

2 comments:

Blissfully Burton said...

:) sounds like fun!

Kari said...

1. I love your flowers - Philip did a GREAT job!
2. Jackson is sooooo cute, especially when he's all snuggly on the couch!
3. I like how you called them "them" ;)
4. I like shredded chicken waaaay better than cubed
5. I'm jealous you got to have dinner with Doni