Thursday, June 27, 2013

pinterest food

Philip has been putting his new father's day grill to good use. 
no, amazing use. 
A few weeks ago my friend alison told me about a delivery system they use called "green bean delivery". every week, or every other week, a truck delivers a bin of fresh, locally grown, (mostly) organic produce to your door. You get an email a week before of what is in your bin that week. you can add or remove whatever you want until the produce totals your set amount. Then the green bean truck comes over, drops off your green bin, and you get the yummiest fruits and veggies ever. And in 2 weeks, you set the bin out, they pick up and replace with your new stuff!! I figure it is a great way to a)eat healthy b)support local farmers c)order produce to make Ainsley's baby food d) save some $$. 

The first time the van came, we happened to be outside when it came down our street and i was like a little kid with the book mobile! (wait, was that just us country folk who had that?!) 
my first delivery! 
most of the fruit went pretty quick (us liking the raspberries the best). we grilled the corn and I have been using the lettuce for sandwiches. We got 2 zucchinis so I searched recipes on pinterest and found this amazing recipe
and it turned out delicious. i highly recommend. 

I also found this pinterest recipe. Philip liked these mushrooms better than the zucchini, but the zucchini was my favorite. it was a little sweeter, leading to why I liked best and he didn't:) 
ok so maybe they don't look great here, but they really were. 
As an appetizer (ok and maybe dessert) Philip made Bellini's! 
Ainsley got oatmeal cereal:)

We ended the night with play time and snuggles
Have a good weekend!!! 


No comments: