Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Father's Day and a Roller

Ladies and gentleman, we have a roller. 
Saturday night, June 15, I laid Ainsley down on her blanket while I went to get her bottle. I came back and she was on her belly! 
She has gone from her belly to back several times, but never from her back to belly. I can't believe I missed it! but she has more than made up for me missing it since then. she rolls all the time. I thought she would never be able to roll over in her swaddle, and sure enough that next morning at 530 she is grunting and making all kinds of racket. I look at the monitor, and she is trying her hardest to roll over. and was almost there! 
So, needless to say, goodbye swaddle. or at least full swaddle. we are now swaddling with arms out:) Last night when I put her to bed she was flailing her arms around like 'what do i do with these at bedtime?!'. she fell asleep with her arms straight out in a 'T'. she woke up twice but I was able to sneak in, give her her paci and she went right back to sleep :)
clearly, she is feeling much much better. she is back to her normal happy, chatty self:) 

That Friday night we had a bonfire at Uncle Rick and Aunt Annie's. very lowkey and so so fun. we missed having philip there:( but we did get to meet someone who seems to be having quite the effect on my cousin doug (and we all loved her!) 

Philip had to work the entire weekend of his first father's day weekend:( which is the perfect example of how hard he works and the sacrifices he makes for our family. We are so blessed to have someone as amazing as him take care of us and love us the way that he does. He is the most amazing dad to Ainsley and seeing him with her makes me love him more than I thought was possible. 
We tried to make his first father's day special in the little time we had to do it:)
His fav breakfast
Ainsley helped wrapped his present:)
That afternoon I went to gtown to see my dad. I am the biggest Daddy's girl ever, so I wont get into how amazing my dad is. because anyone who has ever met him already knows what a selfless, caring and humble man that he is. He is my hero and I look up to him in more way than he will ever know. 

that night we had dinner at Matt and Rachel's. The food and company were both wonderful! 
notice the shirt;) and the intensity on her face

Here are some random pics of the cutest baby ever. 
with her brother
hanging out while we grill in the best high chair ever
my brother said she's thinking "you're going to put this in your blog aren't you"
grumpy pants at the pool. best pic I got in her cute suit! 
big girl eating her oatmeal cereal!
swingin
hanging out with her friend Harper
"look at me in Harper's chair!"

No comments: