Thursday, April 11, 2013

abundant Life

As I write this, Ainsley is sleeping soundly on my chest. best feeling in the world. i mean, I love this little girl so much. it's crazy. 
she is 10 weeks today. double digits! 
passed out

Don't get me wrong. sometimes its hard. and sometimes it's really hard. but for the most part, it is awesome. and getting much moreso every day. it's easy for me to get caught up in worry over so many little things. but as I am learning how to handle things better, and as we are getting to know each other better, things are getting easier and easier:) 

I have been doing short devotions from a book called 'Jesus Calling'. they are so perfect for me because they are geared toward having peace and getting rid of anxiety (every day I am like 'wow this is talking to me). today's was especially good for me:

Yesterday was the first day we have gotten to hang out as a family in a week. It was so nice. We took a long walk around the neighborhood with Jackson and Ainsley. We got to talk about lots of stuff and reconnect. it's nice to feel like we are on the same page again. 
We got home and pulled the sprinkler out for Jax. he LOVES the sprinkler. we took beanie outside and let her lay in the shade and play while we watched jax. then we (philip) grilled out and had a delicious summer meal. so excited for good weather. 
chillin with my duck
ballerina

ok, so maybe I take too many pictures. but its my blog, and im not blowing up your mini-feed with the pics:) 
Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!! 

3 comments:

Donovan said...

She is so cute and filling out finally! I love her sunglasses

Whitney said...

I am soo glad you love the devotional! It's an amazing book. PS Ainsley is perfect and soo cute!

L.B. said...

Love the photos...never stop...I love seeing how she is growing and all hearing all your joy getting to know mommy life. You are doing just great and the fact that you know you need time for yourself is a big step. Glad this devotional book is helping you find peace.