Friday, March 1, 2013

One Month!

Ainsley is one month old! It's so hard to believe. She has changed so much from that snowy night she came into the world. how fitting it is snowing right now. our little snow fairy.

We are both so surprised at how much we love this tiny little bean:) 
 

weight: at her 2 week check up she was 7 lbs 12 oz- past her birth weight. we havent weighed her again since but look at these cheeks:). she will go back to dr april 1 for her 2 month check up.

size: she is still in newborn clothes and newborn diapers. a few of her outfits seem a little short in length, but for the most part they all fit her. her daddy even went out and bought her several adorable outfits (most involving sea creatures).
whales:)

sleeping/eating: up until a few nights ago we really couldnt complain about her sleeping. she goes about 4-4.5 hours at night. the past few nights however she has not wanted to go to sleep and been very loud about it. we think it was a growth spurt. 
Last night was my first night being all by myself- and it was a success! No crying fits (from either of us) and she slept really well:) yay me! 
Philip has already mastered the ability to ignore her hundreds of noises she makes constantly all night long. he only wakes up when she is full out crying. I, however, can not seem to ignore her noises and am constantly awake listening to her. we are working on ways to help me do better with this. it is so frustrating because i couldbe getting sleep, if only I could chill out a little bit. I am getting better and better every night. 

the first week I slept with my bedside light on so I could see her and check to make sure she is still breathing. we both sleep better in the dark though and I have been able to turn off the light and even move her away from right beside my bed. 


she eats every 3 hours. she was eating around 3 oz but now is eating 3.5oz. 
swaddled in my rock n play
loving: she loves bath time. i even gave her a bath by myself for the first time last week ( i was so proud because philip had done every bath before then). 

she loves sleeping on her daddy's chest (why does she sleep best there?!) 

us: our marriage has changed so much for me in the past month. Philip has taken care of me physically, emotionally, spiritually. I knew he was an amazing person, obviously. but i had no idea he was this amazing. I have fallen so much more in love with him and am so thankful for the person he is. 
Last Thursday night we went out on a dinner date while my parents watched her for a few hours. It was nice to get out of the house and enjoy each other, but weird not having her with us:)
It is definitely different with a newborn. Dinners sometimes involve rocking or holding her while trying to eat. handing her off to the other at 4am when she just wont stop crying. sacrificing time with each other so that one of us can just go lay down while the other takes care of A. there have been several breakdowns; both from ainsley and from me. it has been challenging but very worth it:) 
It is an adjusting phase and we are trying to realize that it is a trial and error process. because it can get stressful and overwhelming. We are trying to make decisions that are best for our family, every day. 
God has been so faithful to us this past month and we are so very blessed :) 

2 comments:

L.B. said...

What wonderful photos. Love the family one at the end. She is so sweet.

Brittany Kaiser said...

Love the new pictures!! She is such a cutie!! We need to come see you. Maybe this weekend?