Friday, February 15, 2013

2 week check up

Happy 2 weeks to our sweet baby girl!!

She had her 2 week check up today. i have been anxiously awaiting this appointment. Breast feeding can get a little stressful because you can't actually see how much milk they are getting. you just have to go off of how many wet/dirty diapers they are having and if you think they are gaining weight. but there is nothing better than having the doctor tell you that you are doing a great job and that she is growing perfectly. :) I was a happy momma leaving today. (unlike her first dr appt when he told me her bilirubin was doubled and I needed to supplement until my milk came in. i cried and felt like a failure). Lucky for me my husband is amazing and has been so encouraging. he tells me all the time how good I am doing and how good ainsley is doing because of me. I have no idea how I could have dealt with my worries, emotions and fears without him being there to listen and encourage me. 

stats: 20 1/4 length (45 percentile) 
7 lbs 12 oz ( 28 percentile) but above her birth weight! 
head 35 cm (24 percentile) 
look at my belly!
Ainsley is growing great she is just on the petite side:) 
He told me to let her sleep at night until she wakes me up. for the first week and half we did every 3 hour feedings and then the past 2 nights we went to 4 hour (just at night). so we will see how tonight goes, I am sure I will still wake up every hour to check on her, but we will see how long she goes until she gets hungry. 

so here's to hopefully getting some better sleep around this house, for all 3 of us:) 

Oh, Happy Valentines Day!! (a day late)


2 comments:

MommyMae said...

She's SOOO CUTE! Enjoy every minute!!!!

Jamie said...

She's precious! These first few weeks are hard...learning what SHE needs and lack of sleep, etc etc. But it get easier--promise!