Friday, November 23, 2012

29 weeks

last week in our twenties! 
shirt says 'clearly not a secret' haha- thanks erin! 
size: 17 inches, 3.1 pounds. this week she is as big as a butternut squash :)
What's going on with Baby A:  Her body hasn't put on a lot of weight this week, but her brain has! Her brain is getting grooves and indentations as she grows brain tissue. I had read that her brain is in a 'growth spurt' and it listed foods that were rich in 'brain food'. almost all of them being seafood. soo, wednesday night we went to dinner with some friends, and I sampled crab! *see how much I love this child already??* 
Her bone marrow has also started producing red blood cells, making it much easier for her to survive on her own. 
A lot of her lanugo (the soft hair she has been covered in) is starting to disappear because her fat and brain are taking over her body temperature regulation. she is already growing so fast!! :) 

we got to see her little face at the 4D on sunday, but little stinker wouldn't wake up and we had to reschedule our ultrasound for this sunday. Her face was nestled in my placenta. she did turn her head, yawn, then turn her head back:) philip is so good at looking at ultrasounds. it is hard for me to see what we are looking at sometimes. philip said she looks like me, but I really couldn't tell. anyway, i wasn't too disappointed we had to reschedule because now we get to see her again in 3 days! 

what's going on with me: feelin' the burn. heart burn has taken over in a major way. i have added one more pillow trying to prop myself up so I can get some sleep. 
I feel like she has taken over my insides, making it hard for me to breathe. hard to eat. hard to sleep. hello third trimester, right?!:) 
I am still nauseated in the morning, but had a puke-free week this week! 
I have had a few other ailments that have surfaced this week, but I will spare you the details;) 
I haven't started to swell. 
my usual walk is taking me 5-10 minutes longer than it usually does:) philip told me at the mall the other day that i am 'slowing down'. 


I go back to the doctor Monday, and then I think we might start the every 2 week appointments. yikes! 

No comments: