Friday, November 16, 2012

28/ third tri!

Hello third trimester! 
We are so happy we have made it this far and that is has been a healthy pregnancy for both me and for Ainsley. But at the same time we are both sort of freaking out a little bit. She is going to be here before we know it! 
I came home from work Sunday night and Philip had surprised me and gone and picked up the nursery furniture! Him and his brother Brian lugged it all up the stairs and everything but the crib and the hutch were in there! We sat in the glider together and talked about how crazy it is that in less than 3 months we will be parents. We are soo excited:) 
*pics of nursery will come once i get it all set up* 

size: this week she 17 inches and 2.9 pounds. the size of a small cabbage (ew). 
what's going on with Ainsley:  Her wrinkled skin is starting to smooth out as fat is starting to form under her skin. Her lungs are continuing to mature, preparing them to function on their own soon. She is starting to kick around like crazy and sometimes i look around to see if anyone could see my stomach  moving around from her movements:) 
She is starting to get 'in position' and is supposedly moving head and face down to prepare for birth. 

My brother and his wife Rachel got me a gift certificate for my birthday and I have been saving it. We decided to use it for a 4D ultrasound we are getting on Sunday. We can't wait to see little bean and how much she has grown :) 

what's going on with me: Most people tell me how tired they were in their first trimester and I tell them I didn't really have time to experience that. I was too busy puking and praying I didn't die from nausea, to be tired:) but the fatigue has set in full force for me this week. I come home from work and can hardly keep my eyes open. I have fallen asleep on the couch almost every night. My doctor did call me and tell me I had a UTI and put me on an antibiotic that has thrown my body (and poor belly) for a loop this week. so that could be contributing to it. 
I have also had leg cramps in the middle of the night. I have been able to work them out without too much difficulty but yikes does it hurt to wake up to them. 
The heartburn continues but it is not unbearable. 
Oh the joys of pregnancy:) Overall it has not been terrible and I really can't complain. and as I have said before, each symptom is no big deal if it means she is growing and is healthy in there:) 

cravings: white chocolate covered popcorn. PB&J uncrustables:) 
thank you hunter!! this made me laugh:) 

No comments: