Saturday, November 10, 2012

27 weeks

last week in second trimester! 
ok, now I am freaking out a little bit:) (so is whitney haha). it just seems like it is getting so close! and I am asking myself all kinds of questions. like 'how in the world am I going to know how to be a mom?' or 'am i really responsible enough to care for another human being and meet their every. single. need?' or my favorite 'how am i going to survive on no sleep'. haha:) 

size: she is now 16 inches long and 2.5 lbs !! measuring the size of a head of cauliflower (this makes me laugh) 

what's going on with me: this week was a lot better as far as sickness goes. (i wish I could say the same for my poor husband... he is picking up every GI bug that comes into his ER:/) 
We had our appt with our OB monday and finally got to meet the doctor (not just the PA/NP). it was interesting:) she is very tiny and made several comments about my un-tininess. She told me I was swollen (which I am not, yet). and told me that i was 'short waisted' and would look like i was carrying a much bigger baby than I actually am. she also told me not to eat sweets that they were 'bad for baby, bad for mom' - as I glanced at the big bag of Twizzlers sitting open in my purse praying she didn't see them. anyway, it was humorous. and completely deflated my balloon i had going on about the amount of weight I have put on up to this point. (don't worry, I still consume sweets almost daily) 

I haven't been sleeping that well this week and work has been so busy that i come home at night feeling like my back is about to snap in half and like I have bruises on the bottoms of my feet. maybe I could convince Philip to rub them? (if you know how you know how comical this is;)). 
I have had some heartburn this week which made me hopeful that Ainsley will have hair. but philip told me that is an old wives tale and people just tell me to make feel better about an uncomfortable symptom. guess we will see:)  


what's going on with Aj: this girl is active. i feel like she is constantly moving. and not just moving but practicing her tumbling in there:) sometimes you can see her move on the outside of my belly and it always makes me laugh. its so surreal, i still can't believe that she is living and breathing inside me. 

she is sleeping and waking at regular intervals now. she is having sleeping cycles, including REM sleep! she is also opening and closing her eyes now. her brain tissue is becoming more developed and her brain is very active now. her lungs are still not fully developed, but she could survive on her own at this point (which makes my anxiety go way down). 

They did an ultrasound on me at work to teach some med students and the dr told me that her head and legs are measuring bigger than 27 weeks. she predicted I deliver her early (which my mom has been saying all along). 

We can't wait to meet her!!! 

No comments: