Thursday, July 21, 2011

massage

I love massages. sometimes I think that if I had an excess in money, I would put a piece of it aside, and hire a personal masseuse. I love having my back scratched, my hair played with, my shoulders rubbed, my feet rubbed, etc. I have many friends who used to trade massages with me (amy,ann,cammi). and that worked out great, until we quit living next to each other. and now, unfortunately for me, Philip HATES massages. he doesnt enjoy getting them, and therefore definitely doesn't enjoy giving them. **sigh** woe is me.

I used to be able to redeem my credit card rewards points for a massage gift certificate. but when I got married we switched banks. there went my free massages. The Lexington Healing Art Academy offers student massages for $30/hour. such a steal. but sometimes you get a dud. I sure did last time.
so when Tuesday's Groupon was a $100 massage for $40, i jumped on it. the first groupon I have ever bought. and I called that day to make my appointment.

Well,,, when I called, she answered the phone 'hello?'. which is an odd answering for an established business. So i made sure I called the right number. yes, it was indeed 'below the surface massage'. great. (maybe the name should have tipped me off...) I made my appointment for thursday morning. she then proceeded to tell me her address, and that she ran her business out of her home. oh... um, ok. i  mean, what do i say- nevermind?
So i sort of started freaking out a bit...but then i thought she would have to have be credible if groupon is sponsoring her business. and maybe she has like a building attached to the side of her house or something. but nonetheless, I told several people the address and the time, so if they didn't hear from me by thursday afternoon, to file a missing persons report.
9:00 this morning I pulled into her driveway and didn't see any business signs or anything to indicate I was in the right place. I pulled up her website on my phone. yes, this is it. so i go up to her front door. of her house. she invites me in. in her living room, is the massage table. with 'massagey relaxing' music on the cd player. she tells me to 'dress to my comfort level' and leaves the room. i text philip ' OMG i am about to get halfway naked in this womans LIVING ROOM'. he was not overly thrilled with me and my fabulous groupon at this point. so i sent him the address one more time, and reminded him I should be done by ten. in my head I was planning my escape route in case she seduced me or worse tried to cut me into little pieces and feed me to her dog that was behind the closed door.
Anyway- an hour later, I was alive and very relaxed. she worked out my problem area and one I didn't even realize I had. she was very knowledgeable about the muscles in your back and gluteal area (yes, that was included in my $40 steal). She was very nice and i would recommend her to anyone having any sort of back pain, i feel confident she could fix it. However, don't say I didn't prep you for what to expect...

2 comments:

Melody said...

OMG! YOU ARE the Brave one! I think I would have said bye-bye to the $40.00 and drove off! MO

L.B. said...

okay not sure i would have gone through with it...you are now very brave and relaxed!