Tuesday, July 5, 2011

the 4th

Philip loves July 4th. I like the fact that it is an excuse to see friends, but i dont love it. not like he does. he even had the audacity to say 'this is as good as christmas'. blasphemy to my ears. but- to each his own.
We both worked yesterday, and it was NOT terrible. I think everyone celebrated saturday and sunday. those days were rough in the ER. but not yesterday. 
After I got off work, we headed to Ryan and Kims. It has become tradition to celebrate the 4th with them, matt&michelle, Sarah&jeff, &dugan. Last year the boys shot bottle rockets at each other. Matt got an injury. a small abrasion to his back. didn't stop them this year though. Philip lit a 'tank' and then they each held a roman candle and shot at the tank. I think Philip won. Im not sure though. I was focused on my neon sparklers he has bought me. they were fabulous. He also bought me 'worms'. do you remember those? from when you were little? I distinctly remember them in our driveway when I was young. lighting them and watching them grow and crawl. So Philip, thoughtful as he is, made an extra trip to buy me sparklers, worms and drop pops. I loved the worms. But Ryan was right, it did sort of look like the ground was pooping. I still like them though.
Philip and I had a 'discussion' about how much money was appropriate to spend on fireworks. apparently the 'good ones' don't come in a package. anyway, we went back and forth about how much he could spend. I ended up winning the 'discussion':) of course after my neon sparklers, worms and what not, i think it was actually a pretty good compromise of what was spent.
Saturday night we were able to go to Lexington's annual Red, White and Boom. a country concert of various artists followed by a firework show. We went to Pazzo's with Megan &brian then headed down to the Legend's ball field for the festivities. We had so much fun people watching:) it was roasting. and I'm not 6 months pregnant like she is!
hope everyone had a happy 4th!
*sorry no pics. I seemed to have forgotten my camera ALL weekend. ugh.

1 comment:

L.B. said...

Sounds like good times..I aagree the comment about Christmas...no way!!