Tuesday, July 26, 2011

24 hour vacay

the past 24 hours have been so wonderful. and i have loved every minute.
He has been working so much lately. and it has really worn on us. well, me especially, which in turn wears on him:)
most couples don't think about the simple every day things they get to do together; eat dinner, go to bed at the same time, watch tv, or just be in the same house at the same time. but those things mean so much to me right now, because it doesn't happen as much as we would like:) and I know we are both in the careers God has called us to be in, but sometimes his schedule is just so hard for me.
So last night after I got off work, Philip picked me up so we could go to Pazzo's to celebrate a co-workers last night in lexington. When I got in the car I had a fun little present waiting for me! what a way to end a grueling 12 hour work day!

We had fun at dinner and then came home and ended up staying up late talking. because I hadnt really gotten to have a conversation with him in a few days. and we have some big decision on the horizon.
Today we got to sleep in, drink our morning drinks (Red Bull for him, coffee for me) in bed, do some stuff around the house, then we went to the pool for a few hours. It was the first time he has been to our neighborhood pool- which is crazy to me because I go at least once a week. we were in the water and i said ' i feel like we are on vacation!'. Tonight we went out to dinner and it was so yummy and relaxing. now we are hanging out on the couch catching up on DVR. I am so content right now.

Here's to the little things in life:)

3 comments:

Becca said...

I totally know how you feel. I love the weekends when Marty usually gets to be home with us. He gets to see the kids, then we get a couple hours after they're in bed to just watch our shows together or talk. It's those times that keep your relationship strong :)

Blissfully Burton said...

I'm glad you all had a great couple of hours together! :)
He is always so good about buying you gifts! :)

Melody said...

No matter what life challenges are thrown at you it will be your special moments together that get you BOTH through the hours and days ahead. Stay strong, keep your head up, reflect on your special times, and smile. This time too shall pass...like a kidney stone! HA!!