Thursday, June 16, 2011

Ode to Dad:)

I know I've talked about family a lot lately- but ya know, that's a huge part of who I am:) I love my family. and I especially love my parents.
Sunday is Father's Day so I am going to take this time to tell you about my love for my Dad:)
I have always been a Daddy's Girl. You should see some of the pictures from when I was little. I was pathetic. still am actually. There is something to be said about the love a girl has for her 'daddy'. Her dad is the one man who loved her before she was even born. and every other day of her life.
He is there to pick her up when she has bike wrecks (and lick the blood from her knee because the sight of it is making her hysterical). He tells her she is beautiful and doesn't need makeup when she is in that awkward middle school phase and doesn't really know how to feel about herself. He tells her what kind of boy she deserves when she is starting the dating world (not a day before she turns 16 though!). He is there to mend her broken heart when relationships go bad. He offers Christian advice when she is lost and can't find the answers. to comfort her when she might not have made the best decisions. He makes her laugh through her tears. all the time:). he comes to pick her up on the side of the road when her tire is all over the interstate. he comes to fill her gas tank she didn't realize was empty. He becomes close to her friends. so much so that he will answer the phone at 2am when her best friend drunk dials the house on accident (no names mentioned). He is there to calm her anxiety that she seems to constantly have. To tell her to take a deep breath before he walks her down the aisle. To whisper 'I love you poncho' at the end of the aisle as he puts her hand in her soon-to-be husband's. To come and fix her garage door that is broken. he fixes anything that is broken actually.
He basically is the perfect tangible example of unconditional love. And I can't help it that I think he is as close to perfect as someone can be. I love you Dad:) :)


2 comments:

Whitney said...

What a great story of your dad! I cried! =) To all the daddy's girls!

Kari said...

If you typed this out without tears falling, I'd be impressed! Such a sweet sentiment of your love to him and a great picture of his love for you!