Monday, June 6, 2011

Boston

Boston was so much fun! Neither of us had even been there before, and we both really enjoyed the city.
After a long & tough day of work on Tuesday, Philip and I were both ready to get the heck outta dodge. We flew out Tuesday night and got in late to our hotel. Lucky for me, I got to sleep in Wed. not so lucky for Philip, he had to go to a seminar.
Wed, Thurs & Fri were days that philip spent the mornings in seminars, while the 'wives' shopped. We would meet them for lunch, and then go back to shopping or lazing around the city. It is such a beautiful town to just walk around and be a part of. We got to hit most of the highlights of the 'Boston experience'. The first day we ate lunch at Bell in Hand, America's oldest tavern. That night we took shelter in a place called 'Kings'. a very diverse bar with bowling, air hockey, and live music. How is that we are there for tornadoes when Boston NEVER gets hit with tornadoes?? Luckily for us it did not hit close to us, but the storms were very scary in our room on the 25th floor of the hotel!
The next afternoon we took a 'Duck Tour', which is a guided tour in an WWII amphibious vehicle. it was a good way to tour the city and get a lot of the history.
That night we went to the original Cheers bar. I used to watch Cheers on Nick at Night all the time. Sadly, noone there knew my name, and it didn't seem they were overly glad we came. But the food was good:)
The next day was Julie's birthday! Carla and I took her a restaurant called 'Charlies' for breakfast and it was yummmmy. That night we went to the Red Sox game at Fenway. It was so much fun. and such a good game! one of my oldest and dearest friends Corey met us there after she got off work. The Sox pulled out a win and beat the A's 8-6.
Saturday morning we slept in and then went sightseeing. We went to see the USS Constitution and the museum. We went to Bunker Hill. I admit, I am not into history. But Philip is, so I was glad he got to see all of that. To get around, we took the 'T', the subway there. and praise the Lord I never got motion sickness!
That night we went to 'Little Italy' for a nicer dinner at Ricardo's Ristorante, based on Corey's recommendation. and it was delicious. for dessert, Corey said you couldn't come to Boston and not go to Mike's Pastries. World famous for the cannolis. There was line halfway down the sidewalk, but she assured us it was worth it. and it definitely was. I got one for that night and one for breakfast in the morning:)

The next morning, our group had dwindled. Several people had already gone back and there were only 5 of us left. We didn't fly out until 6pm so we decided to venture to Harvard's campus. We ate lunch at John Harvard's Brew House, and we ranked it one of the top restaurants on our trip. The campus was nice but smaller than I thought it would be.

Our flights home were uneventful, PTL again:) (I have a severe tendency to get motion sickness and any trip that is puke free is a celebration).
We decided we really liked Boston and would love to visit it again. We were ready to come home though. we missed our critters. Jackson was spoiled rotten at his grandparents:) and Maya was taken good care of by my friend Sue. But we wanted to come home to love on them.
here are some pictures of Jackson's vacation on the farm:
getting ready for his nightly walk with mom and the aunts

has to be touching my Dad.
It's back to reality for me tomorrow! Reality started much too early for Philip this morning :/

1 comment:

Blissfully Burton said...

How fun! I am even more sad we didn't get there for our 6 month :(. I hope to visit soon!!