Saturday, June 11, 2011

family

This time next week we will be on the road to wilhoite family vacation!
This week is one of my favorite weeks of the year (aside from Christmas). It is 7 days of spending time with my mom, dad, brother, Rachel, all my cousins, my aunts and uncle. I know I am biased, but I think our family is so special. 
When I was a kid, every Friday night my Grandma W kept all of the grandkids at her house. She would make us dinner that night, we would watch tv (usually TGIF), play video games and hang out. I was the only girl so when it was bedtime, I went to bed with grandma. the boys got to sleep downstairs. Then that morning she would make us homemade biscuits with homemade gravy. after that the boys would go on the farm to cut wood. I was exempt from this, being a girl and all. but we all grew up together and became very close. It was like having 4 brothers, in a way. Which meant I had 4 boys that picked on me a lot, but it also meant I had 4 protectors. I still do actually. Joey and I spent a lot of time together when we were way little because Aunt Annie watched us during the days. so yes, I think we are unique. and I love it so much.
On vacation we always have so much fun spending the days in the water, the nights cooking and playing games. Everyone pairs up and takes turns cooking. Anna Jo and I always cook together. After a year of marriage I might actually be able to contribute some culinary skills this year!
We typically go to Hilton Head but this year we are going to a lake in TN. We have jet skis, Philip's Dad's pontoon boat and new rafts:) I didn't get to go last year because I had just gotten back from my honeymoon and couldn't get the week off. It was a sad sad week for me when they were all there without me. This year will be Philip's first time going, and even though he only get to stay for 3 1/2 days, it is better than nothing! And Emily and Aunt Ellen are coming for the last half of the week, so that is exciting too!

it is tradition to make a sand castle

look at that thing!

No comments: