Thursday, June 9, 2011

Back At It

these past 3 days have been crazy~. going back to work after a vacation is never easy- but it shouldn't be this busy! it is officially "trauma season" in the emergency department and we are getting inundated at work. it just never stops. and every time I take a report, I always have a twinge of anxiety that is a family member. or a friend. not that I don't treat everyone like I would  my family, but let me just tell you how I would fall apart if some of these traumas were someone I knew. luckily philip is usually at the hospital so I don't worry it's him. SO if you are reading this, please, be safe. wear your seat belt. wear your helmet. don't drive a motorcycle. dont text and drive. don't do anything distracting and drive actually. and don't come into the ER with a sunburn. yes, it has been happening. either be smart and wear your sunscreen or put your big girl panties on and deal with the punishment from the sun.
ok, off the soap box.
I would like to promote a benefit going on in Lexington this Saturday. 6 Friends Cafe, on KY Ave, is having a fundraiser for a family who lost 2 children in a car accident last week. They are having a silent auction with some awesome stuff. live music. good food. donations welcome. you should stop by and check it out. the family would love it. go here to read more about it.

and some family photos because pictures are always fun:
love my boys

love her too

No comments: