Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Ainsley is FOUR

I feel like it was just weeks ago that I was laying on the bathroom floor, in our old house, convinced I was dying from the tiny creature growing inside of me. Now here I am , 4 years later, with a rambunctious, funny, tender hearted, smart, little girl who is such a bright light in our lives. I am so grateful the Lord chose me to be her mom. Despite the fact that I don't parent her the way I always should, she has become such a loving little girl. She makes my heart grow in ways I didn't know it could grow. And I will always love her for making me a Mommy. 
I asked her if she would stay 3 forever and she told me she had to be 4. I asked her why and she said "because God wants me to be 4." She said next she will turn 5 then 6 but promised me she will stop at 6 :) 
Ok, enough with the sappiness. I've been emotional all day, so let's talk about the fun day that was her FOURTH BIRTHDAY. 
cut the last link on her birthday chain! 
She woke up and came down to 4 presents to open. Parker of course wanted to help. She opened her presents and seemed very happy with each gift we had picked out. Then we all had birthday doughnuts ( I think Parker enjoyed his the most). And then we told her we had one more surprise. She sat on the couch and closed her eyes as we wheeled in her last gift. A snack cart! This girl is obsessed with playing pretend, especially pretend store/buying/food. I couldn't think of a more perfect gift for her. 
 
 
 
 
 Parker and I headed off to BSF and Philip and Ainsley were having a daughter/daddy morning. I thought they would go to Monkey Joes or something similar, only to get texted pictures of them at the Newport Aquarium. Anyone who knows Philip isn't surprised by this ;) they had a great morning and Ainsley was so excited to tell me she saw sea horses (my favorite). 
She had so many sweet family members and friends call/text/send videos wishing her a Happy Birthday. Her response (every time) was "Happy Birthday!" :) 
 
 
This evening we met some family at Zucchinis, per Ainsley's request. Luckily they stuck us in a side room so we could be loud and the kids could run free. Ainsley wore her Rapunzel dress and ate her entire plate of spaghetti noodles. From there we walked to Orange Leaf and got dessert. 
 
 
It was such a perfect day celebrating someone who deserves to be celebrated. 
For all the joy and life she brings to this world. 
Happy Birthday Sweet Girl! We love you more each day. 

No comments: