Sunday, August 14, 2016

C25K

Several weeks ago (well 9 to be exact) my friend Erin and I were talking about how we used to be in shape and how we missed that. She suggested we start the couch to 5K program and get motivated. So we downloaded the free app, I purchased a used double jogging stroller, went to target and bought some tank tops- and we started! 
It is really a 8 week program but we repeated a week when we were on vacation because - no running on vacation :) 
Anyway- pushing two kids, this awful August heat, and life in general made for some dedication. BUT- I did it! Last night I ran the Midsummers Night Run downtown - and with half of Lexington - I finished my first 5K in years:) with much better time than I had anticipated. I mean I say run but it's more of a jog really. I finished in 34:04 and I know thats not great, but my goal was to finish and to not puke. check and check. 

Parker is almost one and I am finally starting to get back in shape 😊 

No comments: