Thursday, August 25, 2016

Parker Turns ONE

I think planning this party was the most enjoyable one for me. It was not the least stressful, nor the least time consuming. BUT, I loved finding LEGO themed things to make/build! 
Parker loves the color yellow- seriously is almost obsessed with it. So what better way to celebrate than with the yellow lego man? :) 
thank you Emily for the awesome banner! 
I had HUGE help from my mom and Aunt Ellen who helped me put everything together the day before the party
how amazing is this bib? and I forgot to put it on him for his cake :( Thank you Aunt Ellen! 
so here is what the spread looked like: 
please note the napkin holders that are made of legos! 
The actual party was outside (for the first half) and then the rain came in and we moved inside. Luckily it started raining after most people had eaten and Parker had smashed his cake. 
Having a party for your one year old, at your house, with friends and family who just love your little boy so much- fills you with lots of emotions. I am so grateful that he has so many people love him. and love him so well. 
His Daddy made him an activity table for his birthday (because he is the handiest man ever) which we are currently using as a train table. Big Sister Ainsley has taken it over for the time being, but I feel certain once he is big enough he will regain control over his domain ;) 
The morning of his actual birthday we went to wake him up with a balloon- which he was less than enthused with at first. We brought him downstairs and he got to open his gifts from us. well, he got to watch sissy open them:) Then I made him dairy free pancakes (applesauce and bananas?) which he also wasn't enthused with. So philip and I ate them. 
That night we took him to Pucchinis and he devoured a bowl of sauce/butter free pasta. He was a happy boy. 
Time really does go so fast. This year has had its ups and downs, but mostly ups. And how can you be anything but thankful when you see this smiling face. We love you so much P-man! 

No comments: