Sunday, July 31, 2016

Pacis and a staple

It was an eventful week at our house. 

Ainsley had "wee-camp" at her preschool this week. Sort of like VBS but in the mornings. So she has loved going to that, and it has given me a few hours to be productive and spend time with just Parker. 
Friday morning I went for a run, came home, Parker and I had lunch and I put him in the playroom while I did dishes. Somehow, in the matter of maybe a minute, he somehow got on top of Ainsley's little wooden table (which has has never done before) , then fell backwards onto the corner of the bookshelf. He cried for a bit but not like crazy upset. And when I pulled his head in to kiss his forehead, I felt something on my palm. I pulled my hand back and saw it was covered in blood. I mean he wasn't even crying anymore at this point. I looked at the cut and decided I should wake Philip up and have him look at it. He glanced at it but was pretty out of it. I brought P back upstairs and it was still bleeding. I was able to hold him still long enough to see it was pretty deep and needed a staple. I had to go back downstairs and wake Philip up. He came up, cleaned his head up while I held him and then he popped one little staple in his head :( I was very mad at myself but am thankful after some Tylenol Parker doesn't seem to know it's even there. 

 We also decided it was time for Ainsley to say goodbye to her paci. Well, and the dentist said get rid of it. Yes, I know she's 3.5 years old. And I know she could have easily gotten rid of it a long time ago. But it is the last "baby thing" she does and I haven't wanted to take it away from her. She loves it and I am weak. Don't judge me
Anyway, we told her we were going to send her pacis to heaven. We've actually been telling her that for several months and finally bit the bullet. Philip got a huge (I mean biggest balloon I've ever seen) Frozen balloon and we tied her pacis to the bottom of it. we went to the back yard and she sent her pacis to heaven. She waved and said bye them to them until the balloon was a little speck in the clouds. the video could be the sweetest thing you'll ever see. 
She didn't realize what she did until last night when she didn't get to sleep with her paci. It was heartbreaking. She asked if she could have one of Parkers pacis. She asked me to pray her pacis came back. She said she didn't want to be a big girl and she really wanted her pacis back. Then, she remembered she had a coral paci she didn't send up on the balloons (I kept one just in case!). She's a smart one. But she made it through the night and we are so proud of her. But also very sad. 
Oh and Parker rode in the front of the grocery cart for the first time. 
And he had his first pickle. 
Oh, and he's walking all over the place.i can't even y'all. They are growing up too fast! 

No comments: