Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Summa summa time

Let's be honest. at the start of summer I was anxious and apprehensive about having so much FREE TIME with just me and the kids. no school for ainsley, no BSF for all of us, no more working for me. The thought was daunting and I was not sure how I would handle keeping two little ones occupied all summer. And while summer is definitely not over yet- I am happy to report that so far- it has been such a sweet and fun time for our family. 

We have loved taking walks. to the park and to the "beaver" (we live by a walking path that takes you to the local elementary school playground. but also to under a overpass where we have spotted a beaver/groundhog and see him hiding a lot. 

We have taken weekly trips to the library where A gets to go the computer and pick out a princess book, then go find it on the shelf. 

We have been to our neighborhood pool (mostly just when Philip is home to go with us) and Ainsley is quite the water bug. 

we had made countless obstacles courses 
ainsley has been taking gymnastics monday mornings and seems to be enjoying it 

we set up the sprinkler and let the kids and jackson run amuck in the back yard 

its just been nice having no schedule and just enjoying them. well, not always enjoying them. I mean some days are hard and some days I call my mom and tell her to come rescue her grandchildren. but thats normal right? :) 
some mornings on his way home, Philip brings me coffee. and on rare occasions, Ainsley gets hot chocolate:)
she wore her anna dress to target. she was a hit. 
Monday night we went to the Bluegrass County Fair. and had a BLAST. ainsley was not scared to ride anything and on the rides she was allowed to, insisted she ride by herself. philip and I got to take her up on the ferris wheel (thanks for watching parker erin!) and she loved being up that high. 
she seriously had so much fun and the pure joy on her face was priceless. Parker rode around just taking it all in. and wanting all the fair food he could have. Ainsley's dinner consisted of a snow cone, ice cream, and a slushy. I want to remember it all so here are lots of pics from our night. 
On to our next adventure today- Road America, Wisconsin! 


No comments: