Thursday, July 30, 2015

36 weeks

Yay! We have made it to 36 weeks! If Parker is born any time now he will be good to go and not require going to NICU:) and any 'pre term labor' concerns are over now. 

Parker this week
he is 19-22 inches and 6 lbs. around the size of a large canteloupe. Most of his systems are developed and he is just cooking right now:) He is laying with his back on my left side and his legs curled up on my right side. 
He is not quite as active (because he doesn't really have much room in there) but he still moves around quite a bit. At the OB today he asked me how big Ainsley was at birth, and I told him 7 lbs 5 oz. he said ' looks like he is going to be quite bigger than that'. I was like 'what? really?' and he said well let's measure you. so he measured my belly and informed me that he ( I) look bigger than he actually is, and he's measuring right on track. ::sigh:: i don't have a long torso, I know that. There just isn't much room for babies in there. 

Me this week: 
I haven't started swelling too bad yet. I can still wear my rings , except for when I go on walks. 
I am for sure waddling. My hips still bother me but my back hurts me the most. I use a heating pad at night if I can stomach it but a lot of times the heat makes me nauseas. 
I have just reached the 'uncomfortable' phase where standing, sitting, laying- nothing is comfortable. I use at least 3 pillows at night to cocoon myself as well as I can. but I don't sleep well and am up at least every hour. The joys of pregnancy, right? 

I am glad I went back and read my blog from 36 weeks with Ainsley because it makes me feel better about being so emotional today. I'm just so tired and find myself being impatient with Ainsley when she really is being such a good kid. and then I cry because these are her last weeks as an only child and I should be soaking them up and letting her soak them up. ( this will be its own blog soon)
It does crack me up that at 36 weeks with Ainsley the nursery was done, the car seat was installed in car, and we were literally just waiting. This time around, the nursery isn't even painted and I just got my first box of diapers this week.

cravings: nothing too crazy. chips and salty things. 

but I did get this adorable piece in the mail today and it is so tiny I can't even imagine him being so small to wear it. 
and this gown I am in love with from aunt rachel and uncle bubby: 
here are just some pics from our week, in case you were missing Ainsley:) 
ainsley and pop getting into mischief as usual ;) 


No comments: