Monday, June 22, 2015

Father's Day

Philip started off his third Father's Day (so crazy) with a trip racing. He left thursday afternoon and spent Friday and Saturday racing at Putnam Park. To make him have a good trip (which I am not always known to make it easiest on him) I made him a care package full of snacks for the road, breakfast foods, Red Bull, iTunes gift card and cash for pizza that he loves to order from there. Not the greatest gift from me, but useful I think:) 

About a month ago Ainsley, Mom and I went to the Mad Potter and made Philip a platter for him to use when he grills. She did so good and it turned out very cute I thought! 
She brought it to Philip that morning and said 'thats not a lion it's a tiger!'. lol 
We went to church that morning, grabbed some lunch and then set up her pool in her back yard for her to play while I worked on dessert for Father's Day dinner at Matt and Rachel's. She took a card to Pop at church and told the greeter at church 'this is for Pop!' as she showed him his card. :)

We were so excited to grill steak and scallops (p was excited about this, not me so much) and sadly did not make it there:( the interstate was shut down and we got stuck in traffic for 3.5 hours so once we were able to get off the interstate we pretty much turned around and came home and got home just in time for A to shovel some food in and go to bed. 
Let me tell you how not fun it was to be in a car with a hungry toddler, no real food (do fruit snacks and suckers even count?), a 7 month pregnant woman who had to pee so bad she is in tears, and traffic literally not moving. I was very disappointed in the way the night went; not getting to eat dinner with my Dad and Philip having to spend his Father's Day sitting in a hot car with two unhappy girls on his hands. 
Good thing we had such a good day up until that point:) and my dessert just went in the fridge last night, but Philip did have some for breakfast this morning. 

I have been blessed with the most amazing dad and he has taken care of me since before the day I was born. He still takes care of me even at the age of 32:) He is one the most selfless people I know- is constantly doing for those he loves and even those he doesn't:) I respect and admire him more than he will ever know. And seeing the love Ainsley has for her Pop melts my heart and makes me love him even more:) 

I also have been beyond blessed to watch my husband become one of the most awesome dads. He has far exceeded my expectations of being a daddy to our little girl. Seeing Ainsley's face light up when 'daddy is home!' or watching her run down the hallway to wake him up in the morning makes me so so happy. Watching Philip teach her things, pray when she asks him to, kiss her boo-boos and carry her 'up high' makes my heart literally soar. He is so good with her, which shouldn't surprise me after how good he is to me:) I can't wait to see him continue to become even more amazing as Ainsley grows up and Parker comes into the picture. We are some lucky girls:) 

Enough mushiness. But I have two great men in my life and they deserve to be recognized:) 
Happy Father's Day to all of you Dads/Pops/Pawpees out there! 

No comments: