Saturday, March 28, 2015

18 weeks

I thought we had turned the bend with puking this week, but sadly that is not the case. nonetheless, it is so reassuring to feel him moving around in there:) 

baby boy this week: he is as big as a sweet potato (around 5.5 inches long!). He is now practicing yawning and hiccuping and has his own unique set of fingerprints. anxiously awaiting our anatomy scan- I think I will breathe a little easier after that:) 

me this week: I have started having what may be ligament pain? I didn't have it too much with ainsley but I am having pains in my sides and back a lot lately. 
I went two FULL DAYS without puking and not too bad nausea. but it hit again last night and this morning. ::sigh:: ainsley gets so worried- she comes in the bathroom and says "mommy you ok?" and i tell her I'm ok just sick. she says "mommy sick beats" from the song 'shake it off'. last night she brought me her hippo to make me feel better. such a sweet heart. 
To be honest I am feeling just so big already and it's making me anxious for this summer (hello whale in a swim suit). I know it's my second kid, muscles are stretched, blahblah. It's still a struggle to have your body change in ways you can't control. Luckily I have a wonderful husband who reminds me I am growing our baby and it may be the last time my body gets to do that. 
I have been pretty good about exercising every day, even when all I want to do is take a nap when A takes a nap. 

cravings: peanut butter. just in time for reese's easter eggs:) 
pickles (seems to be a constant for me, even with ainsley) 

Philip was off a lot this week and the weather teased us and was so nice. yesterday, it snowed again. enough already! 
some pics from our week: 
first corn on the cob experience-- LOVED it! 
family dinner at Old Chicago 
our future rock climber. she got to the top and said "wahoo i did it!" 
puzzles at the library

No comments: