Saturday, April 19, 2014

{our} weekend

Philip and I enjoyed our 'weekend' on wednesday and thursday this week:) he works Fri, Sat, Sun this weekend so I made some fun plans before his stretch. We hate he has to work Easter, but got to have several fun family days together :) 

Wednesday after BSF, we went to Keenland with some of our friends. It was chilly when we got there but the day warmed up quickly. so quickly in fact, I got a little burnt:/ 
Philip bet on the first five races not really picking any winning horses. The last race before we had to leave, there was a horse with "Top Gun" in the name. I was like we have to bet on this horse! so he went and bet for me. I asked him to do $2 to show (my standard, cheap bet). He came back and we cheered for hose #8 to win, which it did! and as they are making the winning 'official' he whispers to me that we just won a lot of money. I'm like 'what? like how much?!' and he said at least $100. I was like WHAT! I got mad and accused him of betting $6 instead of $2. which he laughed at me for. because he bet about 10 times what I asked him to bet. Lucky for him it turned out ok and we came out ahead for the day :) :) 

burnt as a biscuit 
That night we got to have dinner with our good friends the Birdwhistell's. I can not believe we didn't get a pic of sweet Evan or Lily and Ainsley playing together. They had such a good time, and we always love catching up with Shira and Bird. He won't read this because he said there are too many words. But we treasure these friends and love getting to visit with them. 

Thursday we played outside and hung out at home during the day. That night we went to a Lexington Legend's Game. It was fun, but we didn't really sit down once, as there was a playground that Ainsley and Avery wanted to slide and play on the whole time. Fortunately Nick bought the girls an ice cream cone to share, which kept them sitting still for a few minutes at least. We were so busy chasing them around that we didn't get any pictures there either:( 
swinging with daddy 
hugs for jackson  
 
Friday Ainsley and I met my parents (Nana and Pop) at the Horse Park and then went to a Georgetown favorite for dinner- Sam's Truck Stop. I definitely got friend bologna for dinner and it was delicious. It was the good thick kind too. nomnomnom. 
I am so grateful for parents who are retired. I love the fact that I can go to Georgetown and hang out with them and let Ainsley get loved on them so often. It warms my heart and is so good on days that stretch on for me. 
Today was our good friends Alison and Nick's little girls first birthday party. It was Easter themed and so cute:) Ainsley would not cooperate for the group picture though, stinker. 
This child. she has a mind of her own and a very strong will. 
Anywho, she did enjoy the party. In fact she ate three entire peeps (gross). She didn't really grasp the easter egg hunt concept, but it was good practice for her hunt at Aunt Annie's tomorrow. Harper and Avery did share their eggs with her, which was nice. At least she didn't walk away with an empty basket just because all she wanted to do was play with the bubbles. 
Birthday Girl! 
PEEPS 
sweet girls 
love this pic 
We ended today by meeting ainsley's cousin emma at the park and playing before the weekly wilhoite mi casita dinner:) she had such a good time playing and riding in the wagon, and then shoveling mexican food in her face:) i mean, who wouldn't have a good time doing that?! 
duckies 

Looking forward to Easter tomorrow. I am excited for Ainsley to understand what Easter really means. Don't get me wrong the easter baskets, egg hunts, candy, and even peeps are all fun. but I never want to think that is what easter is. I hope she values this day as much as I do. I pray her heart is filled with the overcoming gratefulness that mine is this year. 

No comments: