Friday, April 25, 2014

Four Years

Can you believe it has been four years since we got married? In some ways I feel like we just started dating. and in other ways I feel like he just has always been my best friend. time is such a crazy thing. 
ahhh the honeymoon 
So yea, that was FOUR YEARS AGO. 

I try to follow the traditional wedding gift ideas. I think it's fun to find something that fits both philip and that year's tradition. Four years is fruit and flowers. I decided I wanted us to try to grow some fruit at our new house. I did a lot of research and talking to various 'farming' friends and discovered the best fruit would be blueberry bushes. My good friends Jenny and Kevan Evan's seriously hooked me up and got me some awesome blueberry bushes. I had to give them to Philip a few days early because they were too heavy for me to get out of my car. But today he planted them and Kevan said within weeks we will have blueberries! as big as a quarters! I am so excited. All three of us love blueberries and Ainsley will love it. maybe I will learn to make blueberry pie… 
while he planted the bushes he planted some trees too 
And to stick with the theme I also got his favorite candy (but FRUIT flavored)*thanks aunt ellen for helping me find them 

Now, this is the perfect illustration of the fundamental difference between Philip and I. I tried to stick to the traditional ideas. He, on the other hand, thinks on an entirely different track. which is fine. not just fine, it's perfect. because this is why we are good for each other. His mind works so differently from mine and while that sometimes leads to disagreements, it is so good for both of us in so many ways. 
ok, so here is what his gift to me was :
That's right. A Mrs PacMan arcade game. but it doesn't only play PacMan, it has over 60 arcade games on it. I'm not going to lie, I love it. I have played frogger like I used to in elementary school. and discovered this hamburger game I am obsessed with. whitney was just as pumped as me and can't wait to play it. we both thought of the FRIENDS clip where phoebe gets chandler & monica the pacman game as a wedding gift. if you haven't see the episode, watch the clip HERE . :) 
someone else loves it too 
Philip's brother tried to justify it by saying that Mrs PacMan eats fruit. :) nice try Brian. 
He did follow tradition (both in our marriage and in anniversary gifts) and got me flowers. 
beautiful spring flowers. 
We both had to work on our anniversary but are going out of town to a wedding this weekend so spending some time together then is part of our celebration. 

without getting too mushy, I want to say that this year of our marriage has been my favorite so far. 
Looking forward to many many more and hoping each year is my next favorite:) 

1 comment:

Kari said...

I want blueberry bushes sooooo bad! Let me know how they do!!!
(Can you tell I'm playing "blog-reading-catch-up"???)