Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Hubs turns 31

I never want Philip's birthday to get 'glossed over' by our anniversary. I would be so sad if that happened to me so I try to make them two separate celebrations every year. 
This year, we happened to have an out of town wedding the saturday before his birthday so I thought it would be fun to take an extra night and celebrate his birthday, out of town too! 
{of course if we go anywhere near Cincinnati we have to stop and eat at Skyline. }
The wedding destination was a 6 hour drive, but we had a nice drive and good driving weather. 
 
gotta love a photo booth 
 The next day we got up early so we could get his birthday day started:) Our first stop was Summit Racing Store. Philip was pretty much like a kid in a candy store. 
From there we went to a race car place called "Full Throttle". They are sort of like Go-Carts on speed. They go up to 40mph. You have to wear helmets and neck braces. They have 'pass by' flags they point at you when someone needs to pass you, so you know to get outta the way. They track your lap times and give you a print out of them at the end. Exactly what Philip would love to do on his birthday :) 
my super fast hubs 
I had a small accident (philip calls it a crash) and got a little bit of whiplash. I also led the attendants to flash their 'drive safely' sign at me. I seriously thought my helmet might fly off my head I hit the wall so hard. These cars are the real deal! you could get hurt I think! but of course Philip loved it and didn't want to leave:) I however was ok just doing two sessions and being done:) 

Next stop was our hotel close to Newport on the Levee. This was our awesome view 
After we got home that night 
We took a trolley to the Levee and headed to the Hafbraus House (one of our favorite places to eat).
After we seriously committed gluttony, we walked around for a bit until we were at least comfortable again. We ate enough potato pancakes to feed a small family. 

From there we went to GameWorks, an adult arcade center (another one of our favorite places). We were there for hours playing games together. We played ski ball, pop a shot, football, race games, shooting games, you name it, we played it:) Philip got hooked on Deal or No Deal and won all kinds of tickets. Which of course we used to buy Ainsley stuffed animals :) 
we had to cart this big ol giraffe home with us:) 
We had such a good time. Don't get me wrong, we missed Ainsley. a lot. when she left that morning it physically hurt to say goodbye. But it was so good for Philip and I to get a few days to reconnect and just be husband &wife. We love being parents but everyone needs a little break every now and then. 

Ainsley had a great time at Nana and Pops though. We are so thankful that we never once worried about her and knew she was in perfect care 
in aunt ellen's rocking chair 
 That night of his actual birthday we grilled out and Ryan and Kim came over for dinner. Jack brought Philip a little gift with him 

Happy 31st birthday husband:) Ainsley and I are thankful you were born and couldn't imagine our lives with you. 

No comments: