Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Santa

Let me first talk about something non-santa related. this morning I went to the dentist for a pain i was having in my tooth. i figured it was just karma because I roll my eyes at tooth pain patients that come into the ER. anyway, I went in at 1020. at 1230 I left with my first root canal completed. 
After some X-rays the dentist began explaining what needed to be done to fix my tooth. a minute in i stopped him and said 'are you describing a root canal to me?!' and he said 'yes'. I proceeded to ask him when I needed it done and he said 'well you're here let's get it done'. I almost hyperventilated. I can barely get my teeth cleaned I hate the dentist so much. I couldn't fathom this. plus I told him it didn't hurt bad enough for that. and I also informed him I wasn't old enough to need a root canal. He told me in another week I would be in severe pain and that there was no age limit on these things. The nice receptionist loaned me her ear buds so I could attempt to drown out the drilling with my music on my iPhone. they offered me drugs which I declined ( I had to go see baby Evan after this!). So we did it. i survived. my tooth feels better and apparently had an abscess under my old filling. dis-gusting. 
Anyway. on to Santa. My friends Jordan and Alison work at Valvoline and they did a 'milk and cookies with santa' night where you got to bring your kids to get their pictures taken. They were kind enough to invite me, thus sparing me the waiting in line and ridiculous cost at the mall. and the germs. Thanks Jordan! :) 


Ainsley was so funny and kept trying to pull on Santa's beard. 
Part of me wanted her to be one of those kids who screamed when you placed them in Santa's lap because I think those pictures are soo funny. But I knew she wouldn't, she is too laid back. and she's my daughter, so of course she loves santa;) 

No comments: