Friday, July 12, 2013

teeth, hair, life

Happy Friday! 

This week has been quite a trying one for me. My poor baby is cutting her first tooth. at first it didnt seem to bother her, but the past few days she has been very uhappy about it. 
We know tooth #2 isn't far behind. This teething has messed with her digestive system too (which I hear is normal but so weird). and has made for some interesting outings and outfit changes:) 
or maybe it's the new addition of veggies to her diet:) 
She now has eaten sweet potatoes, peas, and avocado. avocado was by far her favorite. she ate almost half of one and was wanting more! :) which makes me happy, it was the easiest to 'make'. i just mashed it up and gave it to her:) I am really enjoying making her food for her (thank you crystal for lettingm e borrow baby food maker!)

In the past week she has also started twirling her hair when she takes her bottle. only on the left side. it is soo adorable and so funny :) 


speaking of hair, we did what had to be done. we cut the rat tail. Philip finally let me and she looks so much better (and not so redneck!) 
yes we saved it for her baby book:) does this count as her first haircut?! 
Ainsley is becoming so much more active! she loves to stand up, play in her exersaucer (and actually play not just sit there), plays with her feet and can almost sit up by herself (still needs a little help). 



As far as life for Philip and I- philip's schedule this month has been rough. He hasn't had more than "two" days off in a row this month so far. which is really just one day because the first day "off" is him sleeping half of the day from working the night before. So that has been challenging both for us as a couple, him as a dad, and me caring for ainsley 24/7. especially with the teething :) but we are making the most of his days off and enjoying the time we have together. and soo looking forward to august where we have our family vacation and several other fun things planned:) 

I have been struggling with my new normal of staying at home with ainsley and only working part-time. It's hard to go from being so independent and working full time to having someone needing me 24-7 and only working 1-2 days a week. good thing she's so adorable and fun;) Philip and I have been talking about it a lot and while we know this is the best decision for our family, it comes with its own challenges, struggles and doubts. just as if I worked full time would come with it's own challenges struggles and doubts. don't get me wrong, I love being able to be with her so much and be the one who takes care of her. it's just a lot sometimes. but very worth it:)

I have decided to start BSF (Bible Study Fellowship) this fall and am really looking forward to it.
I am also going to start taking Ainsley to a music class once a week that i have heard awesome things about. check it out here

Have a happy weekend:) :) 

1 comment:

Brittany Kaiser said...

Love that she is twirling her hair!!!! She is so dang sweet!!!!