Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day

Ainsley was happily rolling around on the floor when I sat down to write this. I looked at her swing and noticed a little color in the seat that wasn't there before. I looked down at her on her blanket and saw poop all over her back and getting onto her blanket her great-grandma dolores made her. BATH TIME!!!! 
Sooo, now I am sitting down with a clean baby and laundry spinning. again. :) 

Sunday was my first Mother's Day and it was wonderful! The days leading up to Sunday I kept getting card after card from all of my friends wishing me a Happy First Mother's Day. I was blown away by how many people cared enough to do that! (and also a little shamed that I didnt think to do that for so many of my friends). Thank you to each of you who took time and thought of me. It meant so much. And though I (apparently) dropped the ball on sending so many of my friends a happy first mothers day,  it doesnt mean I wasnt thinking of each of you:) 
It was odd having people wish me a happy mother's day. I have always spent this day celebrating my mom. That was all this day meant. But this year it meant something so different. This year I have been blessed with the most amazing daughter in the entire world. I have felt a love that i'm not sure I could ever accurately describe. I have had my heart filled with so much love that sometimes I think it might just burst. however, I have had days when I thought I might pull my hair out. and I have had days when I feel so overwhelmed and unqualified to care for this tiny little being. 
I guess that's what being a mom is about:) the oh-so-good and sometimes-bad. but mostly good:)
me and my momma
I worked 12 hours Saturday and I came home from work to find this. 
she did so good holding her present:) 
I went in her room to wake her up the next morning and found this: 
smiling happy baby like she knew she had a present waiting for me. 
her signing the card:) notice when philip does this she holds in her left...
 That afternoon we went to Rossi's to celebrate with my mom/dad, matt/rachel, Grandma and Aunt Ellen. Joy was celebrating in Michigan with her own mother, but we missed her. 
We all ate too much and then came home and napped:) Ainsley napped on my chest which I love. Philip had to work that night so beanie and I hung out. we celebrated by putting her to bed earlier and hoping she would sleep all night (she did). 

I hope everyone had a wonderful day celebrating people who play some role of a mother in your life. 

No comments: