Friday, January 25, 2013

38!

Almost time!!! Or should i say any time! :) 
We are just waiting right now. hospital bags packed, baby clothes washed, plans in place for each night- just in case:)
sweet card from my friend Kelly. I love Curly Girl :)
size: still a watermelon. a really big one:) The Dr measured me and said she thinks she will be a 'nice 7 lb baby'. eek!!!
what is going on with Ainsley this week: she is growing! my skin is stretched to scary limits:) Her brain is still developing at a rapid pace. Her skin has changed from pink to white due to a thicker fat layer that has developed. Her cheeks are getting rounder (and you know if she is my daughter she will have chubby cheeks!) She is still moving a lot but it is more subtle as she pushes and rolls instead of jabs and kicks. Her head is way low and the Dr was surprised at how low she is and said 'you must be so uncomfortable'. yes, yes I am :) 

what is going on with me: we had an appointment last night and found out I am 100% effaced and 1 cm dilated. She said with her head being so low that things might progress a little differently for me ( I wont go into too many details for all you male readers!). She told me when to call her and when to come to hospital. She told me that the pains I am having at night are probably contractions and when they start becoming frequent to time them.
Morning sickness/sickness has come back but not as bad. A few puking episodes this week. Apparently this is common in the end. Right now I just hope I am not puking through labor, I think that would be pretty bad.
I have started 'nesting'. One minute I was in the pantry getting cereal and all of a sudden it was 1.5 hours later and I had two garbage bags full of old food and junk. So then I tackled the cabinet under the sink and cleaned it out. then organized the laundry room. Philip was sleeping and woke up to organization! 'Nesting' for him has entailed getting his other 'baby' (his car) all tuned up with new brakes, tires and who knows what else:) Funny how men and women are so different.

Philip and I tried out a new restaurant for a 'last date night before baby'. The Tulip in Lexington was quite delicious and I would recommend it!

Next week's weekly post might be announcing her arrival!!!

holding tight to this verse:

4 comments:

L.B. said...

So excited for you and know this part is hard just waiting for her. Maybe you are not anymore and well any time now Good luck.

Whitney said...

Oh my gosh!!! I am sooo excited for you! I can't wait til she is here!! I am soo happy for you and btw you still look amazing!! love you girl

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.