Friday, August 24, 2012

16 weeks!

Let's put week 15 down as one of the top 3 sick weeks, shall we? :) so now we have 5-10-15. maybe baby hits a growth spurt every 5 weeks or something. That being said, this week was still not as bad as weeks 5,6&7 were, it's just disappointing when you think you are getting better and then have a week where you are afraid maybe you aren't!:) However this week held one the best times of pregnancy thus far for both of us :) :) (ill explain below) 
my bridesmaid outfit for Lee & Dawn's wedding today!!
size: baby O is as big as a turnip, 5 inches long and weighing 5 ounces. My app said if you open the palm of your hand that is about how big baby is:)

what's going on in my body: My appetite is supposed to be increasing soon. I am back to eating like normal but i'm not out-eating philip or anything yet. I am still taking Zofran quite often for nausea. This week has started headaches that almost make it hard to keep my eyes open! I had read these were common but I was hoping maybe they would pass me by :) People are starting to say you can see my 'bump' which is fun but also makes me a little self-conscious:) My uterus is now the size of a large melon. I am thinking more honeydew though, not like watermelon yet:)

what's going on with baby: baby is growing like crazy! His/her chest is expanding and drawing amniotic fluid into lungs helping prepare them to breathe. Baby can also hear things now! loud sounds like Jackson barking or a car honking will startle them. so funny! they say if we let Jackson bark a lot around me that baby will be used to it and won't wake up when he does bark. I am def not scolding him for barking at the squirrels anymore!:) Baby can perceive some light through their still sealed eyelids. 
Also this week the baby's fingerprints start to develop- sealing in the fact that they are truly one of a kind:) 

most exciting event of pregnancy for us: Philip came into my work yesterday on his day off to do an ultrasound on me!!! He pulled the ultrasound into an unused room and we got to see our little bean! The ultrasounds we have in the ER aren't as good quality as the ones at the OB office. But we were able to see their face pretty clearly. We saw both of their hands that he/she kept putting up around their face. We saw the little legs and feet. Baby flipped around like crazy literally flipping multiple times. At one point baby had hiccups and we could see their little body and head heaving with every hiccup! We saw the little butt (we knew baby would have a little butt, both of us dont have much in that area!). Philip is pretty confident he knows what the sex of the baby is, but we aren't saying until we know for sure!
It was such a neat and memorable moment for both of us. Neither of us could believe how big the bean has gotten since we last saw the flicker of a heart beat at 8 weeks. And to see how much it is moving around in there, and I dont even feel it, is so crazy! I can't wait to start feeling Baby in there:) 
Philip thinks baby has his sharp nose:)
baby's face but pic didn't come out great

1 comment:

L.B. said...

so so exciting. Very fun stuff and the ultrasound so sweet to share together. Hope you are feeling well