Saturday, October 22, 2011

super sick & super easy recipe

I seem to have acquired a very nasty GI bug. It starting creeping in Wednesday morning at work, and took full residence in my body Thursday morning. Yesterday it began it's descent out of me, but it's still lingering around. It has not been fun and I have been quite puny the past few days. Luckily my husband has taken very good care of me; providing me with Gatorade, cold washcloths, soup, and medicine:) He is so good to me.

Of course, I also have my Momma taking care of me. I started feeling better today and mentioned I might attempt something bland tonight for dinner.  she sent me this recipe for chicken and dumplins in the crock pot. Philip and I both really enjoyed it. 

Chicken and Dumplins
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into small chunks
2 cans condensed cream of chicken soup
1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
2 cups water
1 chicken bouillon cube
2 10 oz cans refrigerated biscuits

Combine all ingredients, except biscuits, in crock pot. cover and cook on low 5-6 hours. 40 minutes before serving, turn crock pot on high. Tear biscuit dough into 1 inch pieces. Add to crock pot; stirring gently. Cover and cook on HIGH for an additional 30 minutes or until biscuits are fluffed. 
Enjoy -- we did:)

No comments: