Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Pumpkins

 
Today we got to go to Evan's Orchard and pick out our pumpkins :) I love the Evans Family :) It has become an annual fall tradition to make a pumpkin family to decorate our front porch. And every year when we go, Philip begs me to let him get the biggest pumpkin in the patch. I always say no. I  mean, what do you even do with a 60lb pumpkin?! 
Well, this year I was coerced into letting him get it. He has been working so hard, he more than deserves his dream pumpkin :) 
look at that monster
so happy
We spent the afternoon putting together our little pumpkin family, and I am very happy with the way it turned out! He cut me wire from a hanger, so I can make the pieces stick together. and for the eyes, mouths and tails, i use toothpicks. Philip helped me a lot because I kept poking myself trying to get them through the pumpkins tough skin:)
Maya, Me, Philip, Jackson

We are ready for Fall!!!


No comments: