Saturday, November 11, 2017

So long naps- you will be missed

I can officially say that nap time is over for Ainsley. She’d been going a few days without one, then taking one, but for the past several months she has not been taking naps. And i have been in mourning. Like serious denial kind of mourning. 

But, she made it four and a half years, rocking nap time like a champ. So I’m not complaining. I’m just sad about it. I’m sad because it means she’s growing up. I’m sad because i liked two hours to myself while both kids were sleeping. I’m sad because i worked hard to get them to nap at the same time. But, its time. 

We are still working through what it looks like for her during nap time. She usually “rests” aka plays with her animals in her room for an hour or so. Some days she lays in front of the fire with me reading. Some days she gets to go do something fun with nanny or gramma. Some days i tell her i don’t care what she does in her room but not to open the door until i come get her. 

Thanks for giving us 4.5 good years, naps. They were great and you will be missed. 

No comments: