Thursday, April 16, 2015

21 /anatomy scan

Big week this past week. We had our anatomy scan on Tuesday. and Sunday night, Philip felt the baby move for the first time! We were on the back porch looking at old pictures and he was quite active. He finally felt him and was so happy :) 

At the ultrasound, just like his sister, he had his legs crossed at the ankles and had his hands over his face the whole time:) I was glad to confirm he is still a boy:) the doctor said his heart, brain and bones all look good. I have been so worried about his little heart because of some of the medicine I have been taking for vomiting (even though everyone including my OB and Philip have assured me IT IS FINE- I still worry). She counted ten fingers and ten toes. his little spine looked good. he was laying sideways. 

We saw one of the other doctors in the practice this time, and he was a little concerned about me still being so sick. He said 'you really should be past this now'. i was like 'um, agreed. fix it'. he gave me several things to try, things to cut out of my diet, OTC meds to take, to try and get this nausea under control. So refreshing that he cared enough to try and help. My last OB was always like "aw, you're still sick? tsk tsk". He told me if he had to be that sick during pregnancy he would be one and done. I told him after this one, my uterus was retiring! 

baby this week: he is as big as a banana. my app says around 11 oz, but he measured 14 at ultrasound. eek! He is swallowing amniotic fluid now and developing his taste buds. He's probably like "did mom really just eat pickles at 10am ?" yep lil buddy, I did. 

me this week: like i said we are trying some different things to try to help with the nausea. at work on monday I had to leave in the middle of triaging two different patients to throw up. embarrassing for all of us involved really. i spent the last two hours of my shift trying to get patients triaged while leaning over the trash can and toilet. the best part about it was I felt so awful leaving work but when I passed a McDonald's on the way home, my body had to have french fries. they were the best fries I have ever had. they didn't taste as good coming back up an hour later- but it was worth it. 
anyway- I am not gaining too much weight but the doctor said as long as I had gained since last visit it was ok. 

cravings: french fries. all things salty. 



No comments: