Friday, February 27, 2015

… and baby makes four!

Our little family of three will become a family of four in August:) 
I have been bad about keeping up with this pregnancy like I did last time so here is my attempt to document better:) 
the last 14 weeks: 
we found out we were pregnant on December 17. I took a test that morning, Philip hadn't gotten home from work yet. So when we heard the door open that morning, Ainsley ran up to him in a shirt that said 'Big Sister Ainsley' holding a positive pregnancy test:) 
please excuse her boo-boo on her lip 
I was excited that I would be able to make it through Christmas without being sick. I mean i figured I didn't start getting sick until around 6 weeks last time, so I had a few weeks, right? wrong. a few days after that first test, I was sick. and in tears because feeling this bad and having a toddler to take care of is totally different than feeling this bad and sleeping on the bathroom floor for weeks. 
BUT- we survived first trimester ! thanks to my amazing husband and parents who rescued me several days that I could not stop being sick enough to take care of A. She tries to help though. She always opens the bathroom door and says 'mommy's sick' and just wants to be there with me (which of course is definitely NOT helping, but she tries). 
So now we are 14 weeks along and things are going pretty good:) The nausea and vomiting are getting better but I am still praying it goes away completely. And it is definitely not as severe as it was last pregnancy. Lots of things are different this time around! 
cravings
lots of things salty
fruit chews (yes I sneak my daughters fruit chews) 
quaker oat cheddar snack mix 
big macs (duh, even when i'm not pregnant) but I have only had 2 this pregnancy! 
diet coke- i've really limited myself on caffeine especially soda but I do give in sometimes
aversions:
it seems the clock strikes 5 or 6pm and I am down the for the count. so i can usually get dinner made, just not always eat it. as much food that has come back up after consumption-it doesn't turn me off to it (not sure if that's a good or bad thing) 
We are so excited and can't wait for Ainsley to have a sibling to play with. She says she wants a 'brother' but then sometimes says she wants a 'girl baby'. We will be happy either way:) 
 We will find out in 2 weeks! 

2 comments:

Elizabeth @Port Of Thoughts said...

Yay!!! So super happy for you! Such a blessing.

Rachel Wilhoite said...

Yay for more cousins! AB is so excited :)