Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Snow and Soup

My fingers have finally warmed up enough to function on this keyboard and type! we are seriously in the arctic tundra over here these days. we have gotten over a foot of snow and it is still coming down. and yes, it's beautiful. and i LOVE the snow. But being stuck in the house with a 2 year old for going on 3 days is enough to break the strongest woman:) 

Lets back up to Valentine's Day. Philip had to work that whole weekend so I told him I would make him whatever he wanted to eat before he went into work that night. With the cold weather, he decides he wants vegetable beef soup (like the easiest thing to make). not the most romantic, but also not hard so I gladly agreed:) I made him dinner and while I wasn't feeling up to eating it- he enjoyed it immensely:) He also got to open a special card made for him from Ainsley and a card from me of course:) That morning he came home bearing pink roses for me and a single pink rose for Ainsley :) 
some pics from Ainsley that day: 

Monday afternoon until today it has seriously been snowing non stop. Fayette County schools are closed for the rest of the week. it is supposed to be NEGATIVE ELEVEN degrees tonight. I mean, we live in Kentucky y'all. what is going on?! 
Philip has been diligently shoveling our (and even our neighbors) driveway. Him and A got to play in the snow for maybe 5 minutes Monday morning. After that her little eyelashes were frozen and she said "cheeks so cold mommy". but she had a blast and keeps wanting to go out in it and play. To pacify her Philip makes her snowballs and she gets to eat them inside. 
Here are some pics from outside:
I have never seen so much snow in kentucky. or maybe I just don't remember it. It did inspire me to make my first batch of snow cream. Ainsley and Philip had never had it! 
"Wanna summa dat mommy!" 
Trying to stay warm and not get cabin fever over here:) 

No comments: