Monday, September 8, 2014

Weekend ReCap

Refreshing. this past weekend was just so refreshing for our family. When philip works 3 nights in a row, it's hard. on all three of us. but when he works 3, off one, then 3 more, we are all pretty much over it. So we needed this weekend. Friday we got to try out a new restaurant called Chatham's. Grandma took us there for my annual out to dinner birthday celebration. The food was yummy and for dessert I got the special called 'The Big Nasty'. It was a deep fried peanut butter sandwich covered in ice cream and chocolate chips. I wish I had gotten a picture but I was too busy stuffing my face. 
Pop wearing Ainsley's bow 

Saturday we purposefully didn't make any plans. We didn't want to have to do anything. We ended up meeting several friends at Windy Corner Market for breakfast. Then we came back and set up Ainsley's pool and let her play. We watched the UK game, ordered pizza and just hung out at home. 
loves the 'neigh neighs'
giving jackson water 
and some for herself

Saturday night he got to watch football for the first time in forever and I know that made him so happy. 
Donielle and I played games while he vegged out. win-win. 

Sunday we went to church and then out for lunch just the 3 of us. We ended up having 'family nap time' which made all of us happy:) Sunday night we went over to Joy's to celebrate my birthday. She made my favorite meal of brats, special green beans and potato pancakes. And for dessert she made the most delicious cake called 'Forgive me Father for I have sinned' cake. Very appropriate name I think. 
Thanks Brian:)
 
such the lady
BSF starts back this week and I feel like I have been waiting all summer ! I definitely need the accountability and spiritual growth that I get from being in BSF. and now that Ainsley is older I am looking forward to what she is going to learn too. 

I have also been given the opportunity to facilitate a life group at church. Philip and I talked about it and decided it was something that I should do and would enjoy. So for the next 7 weeks (at least) every thursday night I get to meet with some fantastic women and grow in life and spirit with them. I am really excited about how God is going to move through this. 

1 comment:

L.B. said...

Looks like a fun and well deserved weekend. I can not get over how big she is growing so fast. Love her beautiful hair. As for this dessert you discussed...it is something I should get in the car to drive down and try ASAP