Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Birthday, Three-Two

Sunday marked the beginning of my birthday week (well, month actually). I love birthdays. I love getting to see family. to eat good food. to hear from people you don't often hear from during the year. It's a day that is devoted to you and the celebration of you being born. I try to make my family and friends feel special on their day. And I appreciate that they all reciprocate:) because seriously, it's your birthday!!!! :) 
every girl needs flowers sometimes 
Sunday night we had my annual birthday cookout. I realized I didn't get nearly as many pics as I usually get and I got sad. But then I reminded myself the reason that I didn't have my phone and camera in hand was because we have a (now) 19 month old to chase around. so pictures aren't quite as important as they once were. 
The famous hot dogs were made and were delicious. jokes were made. Mom made me homemade mint chocolate chip ice cream. kids ran around. Mafia was played/battled. it was the perfect birthday cookout. 
delicious cake- thank you Kelly!
mafia
I never get pictures of everyone I want to:( and mom and dad are so busy playing host/hostess that I never get their pics. 
You know you're getting old when one of the best presents is the gift of sleeping in. Ainsley stayed the night at Nana and Pop's so we could stay late hanging out and not have to get home in time for her to go to bed. And also so Philip and I could sleep in the next morning. My internal clock woke up at 6 on the dot but I was able to make myself go back to sleep until 745- which I was so happy about. We were able to sit in bed and drink our coffee/Red Bull without Mickey Mouse club on tv. I showered without having the door opened every few minutes. and while it was nice, we both agreed it was too quiet and we missed her. 
We met for breakfast at Windy Corner Cafe and had a yummy start to the day. If you all haven't been there and live close, go. 
After that we played outside with Ainsley and did some things around the house. During her naptime, I sat on the back porch and read while it rained which was very peaceful and relaxing. Philip was in the kitchen preparing dinner. every girl's dream right? He grilled us delicious lamb chops and corn on the cob. of course he didn't tell me it was lamb until after I had devoured it and told him how delicious it was. he knows me quite well;) 
We also got to take A to the pool for the last day of the season. 
her first real pony tail! 
We put the little one to bed and then hung out in the basement. The stars were aligned for me yesterday, as I FINALLY beat Philip's top score… I couldn't have been happier. 
it started storming and raining again, so we sat outside watching it and talking. i love being married to my best friend. yes thats cheesy, but it's true. 
It was the perfect, relaxing, family day. And also Philip's only day off until Friday. 
Each year I am reminded how incredibly blessed I am to have such amazing people in my life. 
I always get sad when my birthday has come and gone. But at the same time I am humbled by how rich my life is because of the people that are in it. I love each one of you and am so thankful you are a part of my life. 
But the celebrations aren't over… friends tonight and more celebrations this weekend! :) 

No comments: