Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Tantrums

Ainsley turned 19months on my birthday. and it's like a little switch got flipped somewhere on her. like she went to bed our sweet little girl and woke overtaken by this tantrum throwing little person. just like that. This morning it was 830 and we were working on our third melt down of the day. The first one was because she asked for muffins, and I got the bag out of the cabinet and opened them. 
apparently SHE wanted to open them. so she screams NONONONONONO with huge tears and more  incoherent screams. we ignored her. Luckily they are pretty short lived and some can even be distracted out of. like " Let's go find Minnie Mouse!" and tears gone as we run towards the bedroom where her minnie is. 

I always laughed at this blog where people post pictures of their children in the midst of a tantrum. Now I just feel bad for the parent and am considering submitting pictures of my own. 
mad because she can't figure out how to get her other leg in her bath tub ring (that she drug out of the tub) 
and yes, when you retell some of the stories they are in fact, funny. but it is in no way humorous when you are the one dealing with it. or when it's almost bedtime and you're both tired. or when she melts down over the sippy cup I gave her because she wanted THAT one. 

anyway this is a new development in our household so I am sure I will have many more stories and pictures to contribute. I need to think of a clever hashtag…#mommadontdodiva ?? 

No comments: